JJM Hit 51% Completion Of The Project:
JJM hit 51% completion of the project. From less than 17% of households with a running tap water connection, JJM has enabled reach to more than 34% now in less than 3 years.
- About 1.4 million soak beds have been constructed in schools and anganwadis to use recycled water in tap connections.
- Only after the formal resolution by the gram panchayat, with a video recording of the session which has to be uploaded on the portal, can they be counted as a village with Har Ghar Jal.
- Three states have declared that they have completed the project: Haryana, Telangana and Goa.
- But there is substantial progress in Punjab, Gujarat and Bihar, which, although it started a year late, has progressed quickly in providing tap water supplies to rural households.
Jal Jeevan Mission:
- JJM envisages a supply of 55 litres of water per person per day to every rural household through Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTC) by 2024.
- It is under the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- It was launched in 2019.
- Funding is demand-driven.
- The mission is very strongly focused on Jan bhagidari, or community engagement which is seen as a very important pillar of the project.