Legal Literacy And Legal Awareness Program:
As per the recent data, the Legal Literacy and legal Awareness Program (LLLAP) has reached more than 6 lakh people through 14 implementing agencies under the Designing Innovative Solutions for Holistic Access to Justice (DISHA) scheme.
- LLLAP is an initiative by the Department of Justice, Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India aimed at increasing legal literacy and awareness among the masses.
- The program seeks to educate people about their legal rights, duties, and entitlements, as well as the various legal mechanisms available for seeking redressal of grievances.
- DISHA is launched for a period of five years 2021-2026 to advance the cause of access to justice.
- It aims to design and consolidate various initiatives to provide citizen- centric delivery of legal services.
- Under DISHA, the programmes being implemented at a pan India level are Tele-Law: Reaching the Unreached, Nyaya Bandhu (Pro Bono Legal Services) and Legal Literacy and Legal Awareness Programme.