Monlam Chenmo Festival : Ladakh
The annual five-day-long ‘Monlam Chenmo’ Festival, began recently in Ladakh.
- Monlam Chenmo is an annual five-day-long Great Prayer Festival of Ladakh.
- It is a mass prayer camp by Buddhist monks and nuns for world peace and happiness.
- The annual Mass Prayer is resuming this year after three years of discontinuation due to Covid.
- The event is being organised by the All Ladakh Gonpa Association.
- It is a major annual prayer of the Sangha Community of Ladakh gathered at one platform.
- The Festival falls on the 21st to 25th days of the third month of the Tibetan lunar calendar.
- It is being held since 1991.