Nagri Dubraj Rice And Langda Mango : Geographical Indication Tag
Nagri Dubraj Rice:-
It is known as the Basmati of Chhattisgarh because of its fragrance.
- It is produced by a women’s self-help group “Maa Durga Swasahayata Samuh“.
- The grain finds reference in Valmiki Ramayana.
- It is an indigenous variety and has small grains, is very soft to eat after cooking.
Langra aam is believed to have originated in Banaras.
- It maintains its green colour after it gets ripe, while other mangoes change into yellow-reddish colour.
- This pulpy fruit is cultivated in mid-season in states including Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Punjab, West Bengal and Rajasthan