National Green Hydrogen Mission Approved:
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister of India, has approved National Green Hydrogen Mission.
National Green Hydrogen Mission:
- The initial outlay for the Mission will be Rs.19,744 crore, including an outlay of Rs.17,490 crore for the SIGHT programme,
- Rs.1,466 crore for pilot projects, Rs.400 crore for R&D, and Rs. 388 crores towards other Mission components.
- Aim: To make India a Global Hub for the production, utilization and export of Green Hydrogen and its derivatives.
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy will formulate the scheme guidelines for implementation of the respective components.
- The Strategic Interventions for Green Hydrogen Transition Programme (SIGHT): Under this two distinct financial incentive mechanisms will be provided
- Targeting domestic manufacturing of electrolysers and
- Production of Green Hydrogen
- The Mission will also support pilot projects in emerging end-use sectors and production pathways.
- Regions capable of supporting large-scale production and/or utilization of Hydrogen will be identified and developed as Green Hydrogen Hubs.
- A public-private partnership framework for R&D (Strategic Hydrogen Innovation Partnership – SHIP) will be facilitated under the Mission.
- It is the gas produced by splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen using an electrolyzer that may be powered by electricity generated from renewable energy sources.