One Vehicle One FASTag Initiative:
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has launched the ‘One Vehicle, One FASTag’ initiative.
- The National Highways Authority of India suggested tagging users to complete the Know Your Customer (KYC) process by the end of January 31 to avoid deactivation.
- The move aims to enhance the efficiency of the Electronic Toll Collection system and provide seamless movement at the Toll Plazas.
- The new arrangement Of ‘One Vehicle, One FASTag’ has also been introduced to discourage user behaviour of using single FASTag for multiple vehicles or linking multiple FASTags to a particular vehicle.
- The initiative had been taken after the recent reports of multiple FASTags being issued for a particular vehicle and FASTags being issued without KYC in violation of RBI’s mandate.
- It is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly while the vehicle is in motion.
- It is a RFID passive tag used for making toll payments directly from the customers linked prepaid or savings/current account.
- It is affixed on the windscreen of the vehicle and enables the customer to drive through toll plazas, without stopping for any toll payments.
- The toll fare is directly deducted from the linked account of the customer.