Orunodoi Scheme : Assam
10.54 In lakh, the additional number of people will benefit from Assam government’s second edition of ‘Orunodoi’. With this, the total number of beneficiaries will come to 27 lakh.
- It is a scheme of the Government of Assam is launched on 2nd October 2020.
- Under ‘Orunodoi’, monetary benefits have been envisaged for more than 24 lac poor household in the state.
- Government of Assam will provide monthly financial assistance to the eligible beneficiaries for procuring medicines, pulses, and sugar.
- The schematic benefit has been enhanced from 830/- to Rs. 1000/ Women.
- Women being the primary caretakers of the family are kept as beneficiaries of the scheme.
- ‘Orunodoi’ scheme will provide Financial Assistance of Rs. 1000 per month through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme.
- The financial outlay for Orunodoi is ₹4,142 crore per annum.
- The preliminary selection of the beneficiaries will be done at the level of Gaon Panchayat (GP) Village Council Development Committee (VCDC) Urban Local Body (ULB) based on eligibility/ineligibility conditions.