Paat-Mitro : Mobile Application For Jute Farmers
The Ministry of Textiles recently launched the “Paat-Mitro” mobile application to provide important information about MSP and agronomy to jute farmers.
- Paat Mitro is a mobile application developed by the Jute Corporation of India Limited (JCI).
- Purpose is to provide important information about Minimum Support Prices (MSP) and agronomy to jute farmers.
- Features is available in six languages.
- All the functionalities are made available to the users free of cost.
- In addition to the latest agronomic practices and MSP, Jute Gradation Parameters, Farmer-centric schemes like ‘Jute-ICARE’, weather forecasts, JCI’s Purchase Centres’ locations, and Procurement Policies are also made available in the app.
- Farmers will also be able to track the status of their payments for the raw jute sold to JCI under MSP Operation.
Jute Corporation of India Limited (JCI):
- It was set up in 1971 as an official agency by the Government of India with the aim to provide minimum support price (MSP) to jute cultivators.
- It is the implementing agency of various projects of the Government of India for the enhancement and betterment of the Jute crop and the lives of Jute growers.
- It is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Textiles.