National Mission For Clean Ganga Organizes River-Cities Alliance Global Seminar.
- River Cities Alliance (RCA) was launched in 2021.
- It is organized by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) in association with the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA).
- It is a joint initiative of the Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation under the Ministry of Jal Shakti (MoJS) & the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- Objective is to provide a platform for officials of member cities and international stakeholders to discuss and learn good practices for managing urban rivers.
- Vision is to connect river cities and focus on sustainable river-centric development.
- Beginning with 30 member cities in November 2021, the Alliance has expanded to 109 river cities across India and one international member city from Denmark.
- It is a dedicated platform for river cities across India to discuss & exchange information for sustainable management of urban rivers.
- It includes cities from both the Ganga basin and non-Ganga basin states.(UPSC CSE: Linking Rivers)
- The RCA Global Seminar witnessed participation from Embassies/High Commissions of select countries along with funding agencies like the World Bank, ADB, JICA & KfW.