Shimla Garib Kalyan Sammelan:
The ‘Garib Kalyan Sammelan’ in Shima, Himachal Pradesh was addressed by PM Narendra Modi. This programme was organized to mark the completion of eight years of the Narendra Modi-led government.
- It has been organized across the nation at District Headquarters, State Capitals, and Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
- The Sammelan has been organized so that the elected public representatives from across India directly interact with the public to get their feedback regarding the various welfare programmes that are being run by the central government.
- On this occasion, the PM also interacted with various beneficiaries of PM-KISAN from across the nation.
- PM Modi also released the 11th instalment of financial benefits that are given by the central government under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme.
- Under the 11th instalment, an amount of around Rs. 21,000 crores will be distributed to over 10 crore beneficiary farmer families across the country.