The Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying has launched the Online Course Mobile App “Matsya Setu” for fish farmers.
- The app was developed by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (ICAR-CIFA) and National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB).
- It aims to disseminate the latest freshwater aquaculture technologies to the aqua farmers of the country, thus increasing the productivity and income.
- Aquaculture is breeding, raising, and harvesting fish, shellfish, and aquatic plants.
- India is the second major producer of fish through aquaculture in the world.
- It has a focus on grow-out culture of commercially important fishes like carp, catfish, scampi, murrel, ornamental fish, pearl farming etc.
- It can be used to disseminate the latest information on different schemes among the stakeholders, especially fishers, fish farmers, youth and entrepreneurs across the country, and facilitate ease of doing business.