The union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has issued scheme guidelines for implementation of strategic interventions for green hydrogen transition (SIGHT) programme.
- SIGHT programme is a sub component under the National Green Hydrogen Mission.
- It aims at providing electrolyser manufacturing incentives with a total outlay of INR 4440 crore
- It focuses on green hydrogen production with financial outlay of INR 13050 crore.
- The Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) would be the implementing agency responsible for the scheme’s execution.
- National Green Hydrogen Mission was launched in 2022, with the goal of making India energy independent and decarbonising major sectors of the economy.
- India’s Green Hydrogen production capacity is likely to reach at least 5 MMT per annum, with an associated renewable energy capacity addition of about 125 GW.
- The targets by 2030 are likely to bring in over Rs. 8 lakh crore investments.
- Nearly 50 MMT per annum of CO2 emissions are expected to be averted by 2030.