The project named Mission Parvarish to combat malnourishment among children aged six months to five years has earned the SKOCH Award for southern Assam’s Cachar district.
- The programme was launched during the “nutrition month” in 2020.
- The programme entailed a coordinated socio-economic approach for malnourished children of families below the poverty line.
- Government agencies, local civic bodies, NGOs and businessmen had come together to provide nutritional support to such children.
- The Award instituted in 2003, SKOCH Award recognises people, projects and institutions that go the extra mile to make India a better nation.
- The Award is presented by the ‘Skoch Group’ for best efforts in digital, financial and social inclusion.
- It is given in the areas of digital, financial and social inclusion; governance; inclusive growth; excellence in technology and applications; change management; corporate leadership; corporate governance; citizen service delivery; capacity building; empowerment and other such softer issues.