Strengthening Teaching-Learning And Results for States (STARS) Project:
Agreement for the financial support of the implementation of Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States (STARS) project of Ministry of Education (MOE) was signed between the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) and World Bank along with the Ministry of Education.
- Earlier Union Cabinet has approved the proposal of the STARS project in October 2020.
- The Program envisions improving the overall monitoring and measurement activities in the Indian school education system through interventions in 6 States viz Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, and Odisha.
- STARS project would be implemented as a new Centrally Sponsored Scheme under the Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSEL), MOE.
- DoSEL, MoE is the main implementing agency at the national level. At the State level, the project will be implemented through the integrated State Implementation Society (SIS) for Samagra Shiksha.
- The total project cost of the STARS project is Rs 5718 crore with the financial support of World Bank amounting to the US $ 500 million (approximately Rs. 3700 crores) and the rest coming as State share from the participating States, over a period of 5 years.
- The proposed World Bank support under STARS is primarily in the form of a results-based financing instrument called Program for Results (PforR).
- A State Incentive Grant (SIG) will be used to encourage States to meet desired project outcomes.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking