T-14 Armata Battle Tanks:
Russia has recently begun using its new T-14 Armata battle tanks to fire on Ukrainian positions
- T-14 Armata battle tank is a new Russian Main Battle Tank (MBT).
- It is designed by the Russian Defense Company Uralvagonzavod.
- It has an unmanned turret, with crew remotely controlling the armaments from “an isolated armoured capsule located in the front of the hull.
- Maximum Speed: 75 km/h.
- The tank has a maximum range of 500 km on internal fuel.
- It is one of the most protected MBTs in the world. It has newly-developed composite base armour made of steel, ceramics and other materials.
- It is capable of firing gun-launched anti-tank guided missiles in the same manner as ordinary projectiles. These missiles have a range of about 5 km and can also target low-flying helicopters.