Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) Scheme:
Bhumi Samvaad’ – a National Workshop on Digital India Land Record Modernisation Programme (DILRMP) was held recently at India Habitat Centre here in the national capital.
- Talking about the importance of Unique Land Parcel Identification Numbers (ULPIN), Shri Singh said it is just like the Aadhar Number of land parcels.
- He said that in this unique system wherein a unique ID based on Geo-coordinates of the parcels is generated and assigned to the plots.
- Under the scheme, a 14-digit identification number will be issued to every plot of land in the country.
- It is being described as “the Aadhaar for land” — a number that would uniquely identify every surveyed parcel of land and prevent land fraud, especially in rural India, where land records are outdated and disputed.
- The identification will be based on the longitude and latitude of the land parcel, and is dependent on detailed surveys and geo-referenced cadastral maps.