United Nations Global Compact:
Nord Security, home to NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, and NordLocker, recently joined the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) community.
- United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) is a call to companies everywhere to align their operations and strategies with Ten Principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
- Launched in 2000, UNGC is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world, with more than 15,000 companies and 3,000 non-business signatories based in over 160 countries, and more than 70 Local Networks.
- This UN-led initiative promotes activities that contribute to sustainable development goals to create a better world.
- The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact derived from core United Nations conventions and declarations, the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact are recognized and endorsed in numerous intergovernmental resolutions and outcome documents, including General Assembly resolutions.
- Companies that join the compact are expected to integrate these principles into their corporate strategies, culture, and day-to-day operations.
- Companies are also expected to advocate the principles publicly and communicate with stakeholders on progress toward meeting the principles.
- Any company that commits to upholding the principles may join the compact, which is not legally binding and is purely voluntary.