Wang’s Garden Lizard : New Reptile Species
A new reptile species was recently discovered in China and has been called Wang’s Garden Lizard.
- Wang’s Garden Lizard is a new species of iguana.
- Scientific Name: Calotes wangi
- It is found in subtropical evergreen broad-leaved forests and tropical monsoon forests in southern China and northern Vietnam, mostly in mountainous areas, hills and plains on forest edges, arable land, shrub lands, and even urban green belts.
- It is not threatened at present. However, in some areas, their habitat was being fragmented.
- It is less than 9 cm long, and one of its distinguishing features is its orange tongue.
- It is active at the edge of the forest, and when it is in danger, it rushes into bushes or climbs tree trunks to hide.
- It lies on sloping shrub branches at night, sleeping close to the branches.