Second Edition Of Water Innovation Challenges
The second edition of water innovation challenges was announced to address the global water woes through innovations.
- It was announced by the Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog and the Royal Embassy of Denmark to India as part of the Indo-Danish Bilateral Green Strategic partnership in 2020.
- An important driving force in the green transition – and the Green Strategic Partnership – is technology, especially entrepreneurship driven technology.
- The water challenge will foster this, but also bring it to on the ground implementation.
- This collaboration will provide solutions to improve sustainable water supply in India and at the global level.
- The winners of the challenges will also represent India at the International Water Congress 2022.
- The initiative aims to identify innovative & next-gen solutions in the water sector to solve proposed challenges in collaboration with corporate and public partners.
- The initiative will engage young talents from leading universities and innovation hubs across the nation to build their skills and apply their technical disciplines and innovation capacity.
- For India, it is significant because India is currently facing massive water challenges, which in recent years have become one of the most urgent policy issues.
- The problem ranges across depleting underground water levels, unsafe drinking water, water loss due to inadequate sewerage systems, access to water and untreated wastewater polluting India’s major rivers.