Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary : Female Leopard Died
A female leopard died in a suspected road kill in the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary (WWS).
- Wayanad Wildlife sanctuary is located in Kerala and is an integral part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve.
- This Sanctuary is contiguous to the tiger reserves of Nagarhole and Bandipur of Karnataka and Madhumalai of Tamil Nadu.
- Kabini river which is a tributary of the Kaveri River flows through the sanctuary.
- Flora: It includes moist deciduous forests, West coast semi-evergreen forests and plantations of teak, eucalyptus and Grewelia.
- Fauna: Elephant, Gaur, Tiger, Panther, Sambar, Spotted deer, Barking deer, Wild boar, Sloth bear, Nilgiri langur etc.