WEF’s Gender Gap Reports : Changes
The World Economic Forum (WEF) will take into account the participation of women at the panchayat level to rank countries in its future Global Gender Gap reports.
- This will improve India’s position at the global level
- Currently India ranks 135 Out Of 146 in the 2022 Gender Gap report
- Global Gender Gap Index is the longest-standing index which tracks progress towards closing Gender gaps over time since its inception in 2006
- The World Economic Forum is an international non-governmental and lobbying organisation based in Switzerland.
- It was founded on 24 January 1971 by German engineer and economist Klaus Schwab.