Greta Thunberg toolkit Case:
Activist Disha Ravi Case is in the custody of the Delhi Police for editing and sharing a toolkit with globally known teen anti-climate change campaigner Greta Thunberg.
- Some others have also been booked for coordinating with pro-Khalistan outfit Poetic Justice Foundation (PFJ) in connection with protest by farmers’ unions over the new farm laws.
- A toolkit has become a handy tool in sustaining a movement or campaign in times of social media influences.
- It is a document created as an explainer on an issue as a guide to everybody who is associated with the campaign or can be roped in to give a fillip to the campaign.
- It also provides a roadmap of how to take forward the campaign or agitation explaining what needs to be done, when and how.
- In the present case, the toolkit became an accidental disclosure when Greta Thunberg on February 5 shared a Google document, a “toolkit, inadvertently.
- She deleted the tweet later, but it became a headline.
- The toolkit tried to “explain the farmers’ protests” against the Modi government on the Delhi borders over the farm laws passed by Parliament in 2020.
- After investigations, the Delhi police found that some pro-Khalistani elements were involved in creating disaffection against the country.
- Disha Ravi is now accused of being a “key conspirator” for preparing and sharing the document.