Direct Incentive Disbursement : Postal Life Insurance
Recognising the pivotal role of its sales force, the Postal Life Insurance (PLI) introduced the pilot program for “Direct Incentive Disbursement” in the Delhi and Uttarakhand Circles.
- Direct Incentive Disbursement Program will recognize the role of PLI’s sales force which is the driving force behind the department’s accomplishments.
- It will impact around two lakh sales force members across the nation, including Gramin Dak Sevaks, Direct Agents, Field Officers, and Departmental Employees.
- Sales force receives incentives directly in their Post Office Savings Bank accounts.
- Sales force can conveniently manage their funds, and immediate rewards drive optimal performance.
- Automated payouts reduce administrative costs, enabling a greater focus on delivering client service.
Postal Life Insurance:
- It is the oldest life insurer in this country which was introduced on 1st February 1884.
- It started as a welfare scheme for the benefit of postal employees and was later extended to the employees of the Telegraph Department in 1888.