World Day Of Social Justice 2023: Theme
Social justice provides equal social, political, and economic opportunities for all.
- The World Day of Social Justice is celebrated by the United Nations and several other international organizations on February 20.
- The main objective of observing world social justice day is to spread awareness of the relationship between poverty eradication and social justice.
- The day also focuses on decent work for labourers
- In 2023, the day focuses on building trust in world governments.
- With COVID, the Russian-Ukraine war, and climate change-related disasters, the normal lives of the people were disrupted.
- Also, with increasing inflation, unemployment, lack of food security, and food scarcity; people lost their trust in governments. Therefore, there is a need to strengthen the social system that is in a fractured state today.
- The theme of World Day of Social Justice 2023 : Overcoming Barriers and Unleashing Opportunities for Social Justice