World Doubles Squash Championships:
Dipika Pallikal won the mixed doubles and women’s doubles championships at the World Doubles Squash Championships teaming up with Saurav Ghosal and Joshna Chinappa respectively.
- Teaming up with Saurav Ghosal, Dipika first clinched the mixed doubles title with an 11-6, 11-8 win over Alison Waters and Adrian Waller of England.
- An hour and a half after winning the mixed doubles, she teamed up with Joshna Chinappa to win the women’s doubles final with an 11-9, 4-11, 11-8 win over Sarah Jane Perry and Alison Waters who were representing England.
- India had never won gold in the World Doubles Squash Championships and this is the first time the country has won the gold medal in this tournament.
- The men’s doubles were won by Declan James and James Willstrop of England.
- In Glasgow, Scotland, this year’s event was held.
- In the mixed doubles, Joshna Chinappa and Vikram Malhotra finished tenth after losing 11-4, 11-6 to Aifa Azman and Mohammad Syafiq Kamal of Malaysia. The only men’s doubles entries from India were Vikram Malhotra and Ramit Tandon.