World Happiness Report 2021:
The Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations released the World Happiness Report 2021, a day before the International Happiness Day.
- This year it focuses on the effects of Covid-19 and how people all over the world have fared.
- The World Happiness Report ranks 149 countries by how happy their citizens perceive themselves to be.
- Finland has been ranked as the happiest country in the world for the fourth consecutive year.
- Followed by Iceland, Denmark, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Sweden, Germany and Norway.
- Afghanistan (149) is the most unhappy country.
- Followed by Zimbabwe (148), Rwanda (147), Botswana (146), and Lesotho (145).
- India has been ranked 139, out of 149 countries evaluated.
- In 2020, India was ranked 144 out of 156 countries surveyed.