World Soil Day 2022:
World Soil Day (WSD) is observed every year on December 5, to highlight the value of healthy soil and to promote the sustainable management of soil resources
- UN designated December 5 2014, as the first official soil day
- It is a conservation and rehabilitation approach to food and farming systems.
- It focuses on topsoil regeneration, increasing biodiversity and improving the water cycle
- Reversative agriculture (organic or natural farming) a low-cost approach to reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Organic farming does not use chemicals, but it does increase organic matter content, microorganism population and plant availability of both micro- and macro-nutrients.