World Sight Day 2022:
World Sight Day is observed globally on the second Thursday of every October.
- Theme for 2022: ‘Love your eyes’
- This year, World Sight Day is being observed on 13th October to draw attention to the issue of blindness and vision impairment among people.
- The day was first observed by the SightFirst campaign of the Lions Club International organisation in the year 2000.
- Since then, it has been integrated into the VISION 2020: The Right to Sight (V2020) plan.
- The V2020 plan which was launched in 1999 is coordinated by the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) in cooperation with the World Health Organization (WHO).