World Toilet Day 2022:
Each year World Toilet Day is observed on the 19th November to raise awareness about the importance of sustainable sanitation to keep people healthy.
- The theme for 2022: ” Making the invisible visible “
- World toilet day is observed annually since 2013.
- Aim It is about taking action to tackle the global sanitation crisis and achieve Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 6: sanitation and water for all by 2030.
- The theme of this year explores how inadequate sanitation systems spread human waste into rivers, lakes and soil, polluting underground water resources.
- This year, the Ministry of Jal Shakti, under the Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G) is organising ‘Swachhta Run’ across rural India.
- SBM-G is recognised as the world’s largest behavior change program.
- India has already achieved SDG Target 6.2 pertaining to access to safe sanitation, when the entire county achieved Open Defecation Free State (ODF) status in 2019; it is persistent in its efforts to now achieve ODF+ status.