The 11th India-European Union Macroeconomic Dialogue:
The 11th India-European Union macroeconomic dialogue was held in the virtual mode on February 19, 2021.
- The Indian Delegation was led by the Secretary of Economic Affairs, Tarun Bajaj.
- Director-General of Economic and Financial Affairs, European Commission led the European Union delegation.
- The Indian delegation also comprised of representatives from the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of External Affairs, and Department of Revenues.
- The press release from the Finance Ministry stated that the bilateral relation between India and European Union has evolved into a multifaceted relation over time.
- The European Union is also one of the largest trading partners of India.
- It is also the largest investor and an important source of technology, innovation, and best practices.
The 11th India-European Union macroeconomic dialogue held discussions on all the dimensions of mutual interest including the political, economic, environmental, research & innovation, trade & investment, and security.
- Both the countries also shared their experiences so as to enable both the countries on aspects such as G20 Framework Working Group Deliverables, debt-related issues, collaboration in the G20 on finance track matters, International taxation of the digital economy, and G20 Action Plan.
- They also discussed the medium-term fiscal strategy and fiscal policy response besides the financial or structural reform priorities.
- India also shared with the EU, its policy response to the COVID-19 crisis and discussed the initiatives taken to revive the economy.
- The European Union side mentioned the economic challenges and the outlook of their economy due to the adverse impact of the Coronavirus pandemic in the European Union countries. They also mentioned about their recovery plan and macroeconomic policy response.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking