2nd Berlin Forum On Chemicals And Sustainability:
The Union Minister for Environment, Forest, and Climate Change participated in the virtual ‘High Level Dialogue on Human Health and Environment’ convened under the 2nd Berlin Forum on Chemicals and Sustainability- Just Transition Towards a Pollution-free Planet.
- The summit aims to foster a shared global understanding of critical issues in chemical and waste management while providing crucial political direction.
- The 2nd Berlin Forum on Chemicals and Sustainability is a high-level event that aims to provide political guidance and momentum on key international issues and priorities regarding sound management of chemicals and waste.
- It was organized by the German Federal Ministry for the Nature, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety, and Consumer Protection (BMU).
- It also aimed to garner support and ensure a high level of ambition of the ‘SAICM Beyond 2020’ during the upcoming 5th meeting of the International Conference on Chemicals Management (ICCM5).
- The First Berlin Forum on Chemicals and Sustainability highlighted the need for a science-policy interface (SPI) on chemicals and wastes.