35th Surajkund International Mela:
The 35th Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2022 is being held from 19th March, 22 to 4th April, 2022 in Faridabad, Haryana.
- This fair is held every year in the month of February, however, the schedule was revised this year due to the Coronavirus.
- The annual fair in Faridabad was last held in 2020.
- The Mela is organized by the Surajkund Mela Authority & Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs.
- The Mela was initiated in 1987 to promote the pool of skilled artisans, who used indigenous technology, but were suffering due to the cheaper machine-made imitations.
- The fair was upgraded to an international level in 2013.
- The Surajkund Mela showcases the richness and diversity of the handicrafts, handlooms and cultural fabric of India, & is the largest crafts fair in the world.
- Jammu & Kashmir is the ‘Theme State’ and Uzbekistan is the “Partner Nation” for the year 2022.