8th National Conference On Economics Of Competition Law:
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is holding its 8th annual National Conference on Economics of Competition Law.
- Dr. V Anantha Nageswaran, Chief Economic Advisor, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, has consented to deliver the Keynote Address in the Inaugural Session.
- The Conference has a plenary session and two technical sessions.
- The Plenary at this year’s Conference is on the topic ‘ANTITRUST AND REGULATION: INTERFACES AND SYNERGIES’.
- The Conference is an endeavour to develop and sustain interest in the Economics of Competition Law and create a critical mass of antitrust economists.
- It brings together scholars, practitioners, academicians and experts working in the area of economics of competition law.
- Knowledge sharing and discussions at the conference go beyond case specific sessions and provide the economic basis for the enforcement of the Act.
- The objectives of the conference are:-
- to stimulate research and debate on contemporary issues in the field of economics of competition law,
- to develop a better understanding of competition issues relevant to the Indian context and
- to draw inferences for enforcement of competition law in India.