Assam : 36th State To Implement One Nation One Ration Card
With this, the ONORC programme has been successfully implemented in all states and Union Territories, making food security portable throughout the country.
- The government has also rolled out the ‘MERA RATION’ mobile application to take maximum advantage of the ONORC plan.
- The mobile app is providing a host of useful real-time information to the beneficiaries and is available in 13 languages.
- During the last two years of Covid-19 pandemic, ONORC plan has significantly contributed in ensuring subsidized foodgrains to National Food Security Act (NFSA) beneficiaries, especially migrant beneficiaries.
- The ONORC scheme is being implemented under National Food Security Act (NFSA).
- This system allows all NFSA beneficiaries, particularly migrant beneficiaries, to claim either full or part foodgrains from any Fair Price Shop (FPS) in the country through existing ration card with biometric/Aadhaar authentication in a seamless manner.
- The system also allows their family members back home, if any, to claim the balance foodgrains on same the ration card.
- The implementation of ONORC was initiated in August 2019.
- To empower all NFSA beneficiaries to become AtmaNirbhar for their food security anywhere in the country, through portability of their existing ration cards enabling them.
- To seamlessly lift their entitled subsidized foodgrains (in part or full) from any Fair Price Shop of their choice.
- To enable family members to lift balance/required amount of foodgrains on the same ration card at their native/ any place from the FPS of their choice.