Avalanche Hit Sikkim’s Nathu La:
A massive Avalanche hit Sikkim’s Nathu La.
- An avalanche is a sudden, rapid flow of snow, ice, and debris down a mountain or slope.
- It can be triggered by various factors such as heavy snowfall, rapid temperature changes, or human activity.
- Many regions that are prone to avalanches have specialized teams that monitor and control avalanche risks by using various methods such as explosives, snow barriers, and other safety measures.
- Rock Avalanches (which consist of large segments of shattered rock),
- Ice Avalanches (which typically occur in the vicinity of a glacier),
- Debris Avalanches (which contain a variety of unconsolidated materials, such as loose stones and soil).
Nathu La (Pass)-Nathu La:
- It is a mountain pass in the Himalayas in the East Sikkim district.
- It connects the Indian state of Sikkim with China’s Tibet Autonomous Region.