SURAJ Drones : Solar Powered
Garuda Aerospace displayed the solar-powered drone SURAJ at Aero India 2023.
- SURAJ Drones is a solar-powered, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) high-altitude drone which can fly at an altitude of 3,000 ft.
- It is designed specifically for surveillance operations, providing real-time information to the high command, and protecting jawans on the ground.
- It will have ISR capability with Artificial Intelligence, machine learning and a bionic chip for advanced real-time processing.
- The drone would carry a payload of high-resolution zoom cameras with thermal imagery and foliage-penetrating lidar sensors with a maximum capacity of 10 kg.
- It is capable of capturing, processing, and transmitting photos and videos in real time.
- It is all set to support the Indian Army, Navy, Airforce, BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, DRDO, MOD, and the Ministry of Home Affairs.