Bab el-Mandeb Strait:
Explosions were reported near a cargo ship in the Bab el-Mandeb Strait .
- According to the UK Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO).
- The ship was travelling between the coasts of Eritrea and Yemen.
- A strait is a narrow, naturally formed waterway that connects two larger bodies of water, typically seas or oceans.
- They can be formed by a variety of geological processes, such as tectonic activity, erosion, or the submersion of land.
- The Strait of Bab el-Mandeb is a crucial maritime chokepoint, connecting the Red Sea with the Gulf of Aden and the Indian Ocean.