Bharat Pravah-India Along Its Shores Initiative:
The Ministry of Shipping, Waterways, and Ports has launched ‘Bharat Pravah-India along its Shores’, an initiative to highlight the significance and imagery of rivers, ports, and shipping in everyday life through a series of nationwide events.
- Kochi, Vizhinjam in Kerala and Galathea Bay ports in Andaman Nicobar Islands have made some headway in the direction of becoming full-fledged transhipment hubs.
- Bharat Pravah will serve as a common platform to bring together stakeholders from different walks for the purpose of creating a larger vision of shipping, rivers, seas & people.
- It will highlight the challenges, policy issues and future goals relating to the maritime sector.
- Rivers and Sea-Centric Development in India- the Historical lens.
- Sea, River, Ports and Ship in Folk Culture and Literature.
- Representation of Ports and Shipping in Popular Culture.
- Role of Shipping and Ports in India’s Development in the last 30 years.
- The Politics and Economy of Privatisation of Ports.
- Inland Waterways – Arteries of Growth, their Role and Significance.
- Greening Ports and Shipping Industry.
- Future of Ports and Shipping Industry- Management, Challenges and Policies.