Chachin Grazing Festival:
The Chachin Grazing Festival recently took place in the Tawang region.
- This two-day event held at Chachin brought together local graziers from all over the region to celebrate their traditional occupation and honor their cultural heritage.
- The Monpa lifestyle, deeply rooted in the region, revolves around nomadic herding.
- The graziers depend on this primitive form of subsistence farming to sustain their livelihoods.
- Throughout history, the Chachin and adjacent grazing regions in close proximity to Bumla Pass have played a crucial role in supporting and sustaining the traditional way of life of the local Monpa community.
- During the festival, several initiatives were undertaken to support the local graziers.
- A medical camp was set up to provide essential healthcare services to the graziers, who often reside in remote areas lacking access to urban medical facilities.
- A veterinary camp was organized to ensure the well-being of the yaks, the livestock of the graziers.
- A lecture on animal health aimed to equip the graziers with knowledge for better livestock care.