Chandler Good Government Index (CGGI):
- India has been ranked 49th in the Chandler Good Government Index (CGGI).
- Finland has topped the list.
- The CGGI is released by the Chandler Institute of Governance which is a private nonprofit organization headquartered in Singapore.
- The Index classifies 104 countries in terms of government capabilities and outcomes.
- Each country is measured across over 50 open data points. The index focuses on seven pillars:
- Leadership and foresight.
- Robust laws and policies.
- Strong institutions.
- Financial stewardship.
- Attractive marketplace.
- Global influence and reputation.
- Helping people rise.
- It supports government leaders and public officers worldwide in nation building and strengthening public institutional capacity through training, research and advisory work.
- It also shares tools and frameworks for effective policymaking and empowers nations to provide better public services for citizens.
Performance of South Asian Countries:
- India ranked 49th, Sri Lanka 74th, Pakistan 90th and Nepal 92nd.