Community Innovator Fellowship program:
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog has recently announced the launch of applications for Community Innovator Fellowship (CIF).
- The initiative aims at facilitating knowledge building and provides infrastructure support to aspiring community innovators essential for their entrepreneurship journey.
- Currently there are 22 Community Innovator fellows being incubated at the Atal Community Innovation Centre (ACIC) program of AIM.
- A Community Innovator Fellow is an individual with an entrepreneurial mind-set, with an idea to solve a community challenge through her or his enterprise.
- This is a one-year-long intensive fellowship program wherein an aspiring community innovator can apply irrespective of their socio-economic background.
- AIM has been setting up Atal Community Innovation Centres across the country.
- Currently there are 14 such centres, spread across 9 states and 36 more are coming up in the near future to take the collective number to 50 such Centres.