National Security Advisers (NSAs) Of India, The US, And The UAE:
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia hosted a special meeting of the National Security Advisers (NSAs) of India, the US, and the UAE.
- The discussions aimed to strengthen relations and ties between the countries in a way that enhances growth and stability in the region.
- The meeting focused on regional initiatives on infrastructure.
- The meeting sought to advance their shared vision of a more secure and prosperous Middle East region interconnected with India and the world.
- Among the projects discussed, a plan to connect Gulf countries via a railway network and connect to India via shipping lanes from “two ports” in the region is highlighted.
- This is meant to provide a counter to China’s Belt and Road initiative and other inroads in the region.
- The idea for the initiative came up during talks held over the past 18 months by the I2U2.
- The I2U2 Quad, works on connecting “South Asia to the Middle East to the United States in ways that advance economic technology and diplomacy”.