CSIR Floriculture Mission:
CSIR Floriculture Mission has been approved for implementation in 21 States/UTs wherein available knowledgebase in CSIR Institutes will be utilized and leveraged to help Indian farmers and industry re-position itself to meet the import requirements.
- Floriculture, or flower farming, is a discipline of horticulture concerned with the cultivation of flowering and ornamental plants for gardens and for floristry, comprising the floral industry.
- This Mission is being implemented in collaboration with the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)-Directorate of Floriculture; KVIC; APEDA, TRIFED; Fragrance and Flavour Development Centre (FFDC), Kannauj, Ministry of MSME and Universities.
- Despite the fact that India has diverse agro-climatic and edaphic conditions, and rich plant diversity, it shares only 0.6 % of the global floriculture market.
- At least 1200 million USD worth of floriculture products is being imported by India every year from different countries”.
CSIR’s Societal Portal:
- Harsh Vardhan also launched CSIR’s Societal Portal along with the Android App.
- This portal has been developed by CSIR Team with the help of the MyGov Team.
- The Portal is to facilitate the public to submit the societal problems that can be resolved using S&T interventions.