Ease Of Living Index (EoLI) 2020:
Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs announced the release of the final rankings of the Ease of Living Index (EoLI) 2020.
- The EoLI aims to measure the well-being of Indian citizens in 111 cities, across the pillars of Quality of Life, Economic-ability, and Sustainability, with 49 indicators under 13 categories.
- The EoLI 2020 strengthens its scope by consolidating the framework with the addition of a Citizen Perception Survey in the index, holding a weightage of 30%.
- The rankings under Ease of Living Index 2020 were announced for cities with a population of more than a million, and cities with less than a million people.
- Bengaluru emerged as the top performer in the Million+ category.
- In the Less than Million category, Shimla was ranked the highest in ease of living