Corruption Perception Index 2020:
India’s rank has slipped six places to 86th among 180 countries in Corruption Perception Index (CPI) released by Transparency International.
- India was ranked 80th out of 180 countries in 2019.
- The top countries on the Corruption Perception Index (CPI) are Denmark and New Zealand, with scores of 88, followed by Finland, Singapore, Sweden, and Switzerland, with scores of 85 each.
- South Sudan and Somalia are the bottom Countries with scores of 12 each, followed by Syria (14), Yemen (15) and Venezuela (15).
- The highest-scoring region is Western Europe and the European Union with an average score of 66.
- The lowest scoring regions are Sub-Saharan Africa (32) and Eastern Europe and Central Asia (36).
- In 2020, India’s score is 40 (41 in 2019).
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking