First Virtual Trade Fair (VTF): By APEDA:
The First Virtual Trade Fair (VTF) organized by APEDA to boost the export potential of India’s agricultural and processed food products during the COVID19 pandemic drew a huge response from participants, exporters, and buyers from other countries.
- The VTF was organized during March 10-12, 2021.
- The fair with the theme ‘India Rice and Agro Commodity’, focussed on showcasing the export potential of various agricultural commodities.
- Because of COVID19 related restrictions on physical travel and trade, APEDA has initiated the concept of VTF for sustaining India’s agricultural and processed food products exports and also exploring new markets for expanding export footprints.
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is an Apex-Export Trade Promotion Active government body set up by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It was formed in 1986 under the Agriculture and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act, 1985.