Global Terrorism Index : IEP
The tenth Global Terrorism Index (GTI) report was published by Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) showing global trends and patterns in terrorism.
- IEP: The Institute for Economics and Peace
- Est. 2008; HQ: Sydney, Australia
- It is a global think tank.
- It studies the relationship between peace, business, and prosperity, and seeks to promote an understanding of the cultural, economic, and political factors that drive peacefulness.
- Afghanistan remains the country most impacted by terrorism for the fourth consecutive year though violence has declined
- The report excluded acts of state repression by the Taliban
- South Asia remains the region with the worst average GTI score
- Deadliest terrorist groups in the world in 2022: Islamic State (IS); Al-Shabaab; Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA), and Jamaat Nusrat Al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM)
- Climate change is helping terrorist groups to raise funds, propagandize and recruit people
- India remained at 13th while Pakistan ranked 6th (more terror-prone)