Hamoon : Cyclonic Storm
The cyclonic storm “Hamoon” that has formed over the Bay of Bengal has rapidly intensified into a severe cyclonic storm as per recent reports.
- Cyclone Hamoon is brewing near India over the Bay of Bengal.
- Southern states in India are likely to witness rainfall this week.
- According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), a deep depression over the West central Bay of Bengal likely to intensify into a Cyclonic Storm during the next 6 hours.
- Cyclones Tej and Hamoon are considered to be twin cyclones that developed over the north Indian Ocean.
- The last such twin cyclones ‘Luban’ and ‘Titli’ were recorded in 2018.