Inauguration Of ‘Sky Bridge 721’ Suspension Bridge:
After two years of construction, ‘Sky Bridge 721’ Suspension Bridge was inaugurated recently.
- It is the world’s longest suspension bridge. It broke the record of the currently longest bridge, the Arouca Bridge (516 meters long) located in Portugal.
- It is located between the crests of the Kralicky Snezník mountain in Dolní Morava village, Czech Republic.
- It spans the Mlýnský Stream valley from the ridge of Slamník Mountain to the ridge of Chlum Mountain.
- The length of the bridge is 721 meters.
- The width is 1.2 meters.
- Visitors will enter the bridge at an elevation of 1,125 meters and reach its highest point at 95 meters above ground level (1,116 above sea level).
- On the other side the bridge is 1,135 meters above sea level.
- Visitors can learn about the local history through an educational trail called The Bridge of Time, which contains elements of augmented reality (AR).
- It was prepared in cooperation with LESY ČR (Forests of the Czech Republic) and the Museum of Czechoslovak Fortifications of 1935–1938.