Indian Air Force : New Ensign
Indian Air Force (IAF) Chief Air Chief recently unveiled a new Ensign for the force.
- Only the IAF Crest will be incorporated into the new IAF Ensign.
- This crest prominently features the national symbol, the Ashoka Lion, at the top, with the words “Satyamev Jayate” in Devanagari script below it.
- Beneath the Ashoka Lion is a Himalayan eagle with outstretched wings, symbolising the fighting spirit of the IAF.
- A ring in light blue colour encircles the Himalayan eagle with the words “Indian Air Force”.
- The IAF motto, derived from the Bhagavad Gita, “Nabha Sparsham Deeptam”, meaning “touching the sky with glory,” is inscribed below the Himalayan eagle in golden Devanagari.
- IAF crest symbolises the source of inspiration and encouragement.
- IAF has adopted various crests for commands, squadrons and the other establishments.
- However, all the crests follow a standard frame that contains the individual formation sign with a motto shown in the scroll at the foot of the frame.